Remyca Football Club

REMYCA 3 - 2 Burscough

15th September 2016 by Remyca Media Team

Senior Cup Success

REMYCA 3 - 2 Burscough

share this article

(home) First Team 3 - 2 Burscough

K.O. 19:45 14th September 2016

Burscough were the visitors in the Senior Cup Preliminary round as Remyca stared their new campaign looking to emulate last seasons run when they started nwith a win at Burscough on Pens after a 1-1 draw.

The game started at a fast pace all be it ver scrappy early on. Tom Foley screwing a shot wide early doors which did not worry the visiting keeper. The first goal came on 13 minutes when a free kick was awarded for Burscough just outside the Remy box. A decent free kick seemed to be catching Practice for Carroll in goal but the effort was miss handled by the keeper and found its way into the net. Remy struggling to get a foot hold in the game and could not string any passes together were lucky not to find themselves 2 down when a fioerce shot cannoned off the cross bar and cleared to safety. Burscough were on top and pushed forward trying to get their second but last ditch defending by the home side kept them at bay. Burscough looking dangerous everytime they went forward. It looked as though the Half couldnt come quick enough for the gaffer Stafford to get his side in after a poor start, but in a twist in the last minutes of the half Remy turned it around. First the ball was played down the right channel for Murphy to chase the youngster there beofre the defender and as the keeper came running out Murphy lobbed the ball high over his head, one bounce and it fell into the roof of the net to bring the remy level. A  minute later they found themselves 2-1, Flynn driving down the left unleashed a drive past the keeper into the bottom corner in the 45th minute. A turnaround no one would have believed after a lack lustre first 40 minutes. HT 2-1

Burscough again came flying out for the second half pushing remyca back at every opportunity trying to get back on level terms and a smart save by Carroll kept the remy in front. Another chnace from the right was lashed against the cross bar again coming to the aid of the home side as it looked like it was only a matter of time befor the away side were level. On 62 minutes it was level as Burscough broke away and slid the ball past Carroll in the home goal to make it 2-2. Carroll then came to the rescue again with a tip over the bar as Burscough pressed to go ahead. Quirk was pushed on from the bench to add a bit of fire power to the home side and within five minutes of coming on he had put the Remy back in front, as he picked up the ball and a neat one two on the edge of the box fell back to Quirk and the curled the ball past the keeper into the bottom corner. Remyca were back in front and were now pushing to get another goal to give them breathing space as the game opened up in the last 20 minutes both sides attacking like a basketball game. Both sides wasting chances as the minutes passed by which seemed to suit the home side. Carrol made another smart save late on pushing a shot around the post before the referee blew for fulltime. A win for Remyca to keep their momentum going with a home tie in the next round v St Helens to come, date to be confirmed. Off to Carlisle City in the league on Saturday beofre we host Widnes next Wednesday. C'mon the REMY.........

Twitter Feed