Remyca Football Club

City Of Lpool 1- 2 REMYCA

12th September 2016

First Ever Vase Win

City Of Lpool 1- 2 REMYCA

share this article

City of Liverpool 1 - 2 First Team (away)

K.O. 15:00 11th September 2016

Remyca visited unbeaten at Home COL as they entered the FA Vase, both teams doing quite well in the early stages of the league with COL in 2nd place and Remy in 3rd.

Game was scrappy at the start with both sides giving away the ball and not giving anything away defensively. Remyca attacked down the left were Boyle cut in side only to see his weak shot easily saved by the home side keeper. Daley Woods was a threat early on for COL and he had an early effort wide as both sides cancelled each other out. Remyca had a penalty shout 20 mins in when Boyel cut in from the left and was tripped just indie the box by the full back only to see the referee wave play on much to the disbelief of the remyca bench and players. Tyson had a good effort at goal shortly after that just went over the bar. Then at the other end as Flynn watched a deflected cross go high up into the air he collided with the COL winger only to see the referee point to the spot in the softest of Penalties ever given. Up stepped Daley Woods to fire to the right of Carroll and although the keeper went the correct way he couldnt keep the shot out. This unsettled the Remy for the last 10 minutes of the half and Woods almost made it 2-0 when he was put through on goal but this time his shot was wide of the post. Remyca had a half chnace just before half time when a cross into the box was met by Foley only to see his header past the post. HT 1-0 to the home side.

Second half started well for Remy and they drew level a minute into the half when a cross from Quirk was met by player of the Month Boyle whose header went in and gave remyca an edge. Remyca were much more contrlled now and seemed to be enjoying the game as they passed the ball comfortably around the back trying to draw out the COL defence. Another chance came when a cross from Boyle was met by McDonald only to see his header hit the post and run along the goal line before going out for a gola kick. COL were restricted to the odd breakaway and looked dangerous on the break but they couldnt find the final ball to trouble the well drilled remy back 4. Quirk and Boyle were creating a lot of problems for COL as Remy bombed forward at every chance to try and get a winner. Again a shout for a penalty when McDonald was felled by the home side keeper in similar fashion to the home side penalty but again the officials waved play on. As the game was stretched it became end to end with Remyca just shading the advantage in terms of possession. They had a string of corners which were all cleared before a desisive one in the 83rd Minute found McDonald who rose above the home defenders to head home much to the delight of the forward who had taken a lot of stick from the home side fans through out. Remyca 2-1 up now were looking to kill the game off and almost did minutes later, when a through ball from the impressive Quirk found Boyle one on one with the keeper, as the strike came in the keeper got a hand on it and the ball squirmed goalwards the keeper got back to stop it right on the line. COL were knocking long balls forward now as the time was running out in a desperate attempt the get something from the remaining minutes but Remyca held firm for a deserved victory and a first ever Vase Win. Vauxhall Motors now await in the next round but before that another big game versus Burscough in the LCFA Senior Cup on Wednesday night before a gruelling coach trip to Carlise City on Saturday. A great day and a special mention to the COL fans who stayed to applaud the Remy side off the pitch at the end.

Twitter Feed