Remyca Football Club

Carlisle City 1-3 REMYCA

19th September 2016 by Remyca Media Team

3 points from the Long Trip North

Carlisle City 1-3 REMYCA

share this article

Carlisle City 1 - 3 First Team (away)

K.O. 15:00 17th September 2016

Remyca's first ever trip to Carlisle did not disapoint the travelling fans. A great setting at City for another new venture for REMYCA as they travelled the long trip north

Remyca started brightly and almost scored when a crossed down the left saw Gannon's shot on the half volley just go past the post. Carlisle had a chnace shortly after which did not really trouble Carroll in the remy goal. Floey was next to almost open the scoring but his header went just wide of the post as Remyca pressed to gain the advantage. The goal came on 13 minutes when Foley turned provider and as the forward was pushed wide he crossed to the far post and Gannnon was there to head back across the keeper and into the top corner. It was almost 2 shortly after when Quirk had a shot just past the upright as Remyca tried to give themselves some breathing space. As remy pressed a breakaway from Carlisle resulted in a poor clearance and the ball was picked up 25 yards from goal and as the midfielder shot it looped in over Carroll to give the home side an equaliser. This seemed to galavnise City and it was now them ding the pressing. A smart one handed save from Carroll kept them at bay. Again City came forward this time wastefully as the shot was well wide and high of the goal as Remyca counted themselves lucky. 5 minutes before the half Remy got themselves back in front in what looked like a soft penalty award, as McDonald spun in the box a tangle of legs with the centre back and the skipper went down, the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Quirk stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way to make it 2-1. This the HT score

Second half started similar to the first with Remyca pressing although Carlisle were breaking well and Carroll had to be on his toes again with a good save to his left which went for a corner. The corner was cleared and Remyca went forward and a neat one two on the edge of the box had Gannon in on goal only for the youngster to blast over. Remyca were becoming wastful as they went forward and the final ball seemed to elude them each time which gave the home side hope as they broke. It wasnt until the final 15 minutes remy got the breahing space. A great flick from Foley put Quirk in who half volleyed home to make it 3-1. Carlisle almost hit straight back from a free kick 25 yards out as it hit the inside of the post before being cleared by Remyca. McDonald was then put in by Murphy but his shot was blocked as the last 10 minutes became a bit frantic. Remyca were able to gain a bit of composure to see the game out as thy kept the ball well for the remaining minutes to notch up another fine away win. Up next another tough game at Home to Widnes before we entertain Vauxhall Motors in the Buildbase FA Vase.

Twitter Feed